Lauren Nelson is a native Houstonian who earned a Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems from Baylor University in 2003. She earned her law degree from Houston College of Law in 2006. She is currently pursuing a Masters of Business Adminstration from Baylor University and expects to graduate at the end of 2016.
Early in her legal career, Lauren discovered her enthusiasm for litigation. Lauren has an active litigation practice, defending several large healthcare clients throughout Texas. Her practice includes medical malpractice defense and health law, as well as general liability and insurance defense. She also represents healthcare clients before the Texas Medical Board and Texas Board of Nursing. Practicing medical malpractice combines two of her main interests, the law and medicine.
In addition to her litigation practice, Lauren is a contributing author of Texas Medical Malpractice Defense, the firm's book on defending healthcare liability cases. Lauren also uses her background in information systems and design to manage the firm's technology resources and online marketing.
Lauren is a member of the Greater Houston Society of Healthcare Risk Management and is co-chair of its Education Committee. She is also a member of the Houston Bar Association, Houston Young Lawyers Association, and Texas Young Lawyers Association. Lauren is in charge of the firm’s pro bono work and is the firm’s pro bono coordinator with the Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program.
Lauren was recognized as a Rising Star in Medical Malpractice Defense by Texas Monthly in 2012 - 2016. She has also been named as one of Houston's Top Lawyers by H Magazine in 2015.
When she takes a break from work, Lauren enjoys spending time with her family, relaxing at the coast, biking, running, swimming, and fishing the Texas bays.
- Legal Notes: New Challenges for Risk Management in a Rapidly Changing Industry, North Texas Society of Healthcare Risk Management, 2016
- HIPAA: Privacy Challenges in 2015, North Texas Society of Healthcare Risk Management, 2015
- Professionalism Meets Malpractice, CHRISTUS Spohn Health System Corp., 2014 & 2015
- Medical Malpractice: 10 Ways to Get Sued, Harris County Medical Society, 2014
- Professionalism Meets Malpractice, CHRISTUS Dubuis Health System, 2014
- Medical Malpractice Litigation course at University of Houston Law Center, Substitute Professor, Fall 2011 and 2012